Member Services Officer
This not-for-profit financial co-operative have been providing a wide range of services to their members across Northern Ireland for the past 25 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a Member Services Officer to operate form their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Loan Officer to further develop their career by working for this niche, fast paced financial services firm.
The Member Services Officer is responsible for providing a first class service to members, specialising in loan facilities with the responsibility for loan sanctioning and working in the best interests of the members, taking into account their individual circumstances and guiding them through the process.
- Deals with loan applications and all other loan related matters by all means of communication in an orderly and compliant manner, ensuring that systematic documentation is maintained and prescribed timescales are adhered to.
- When dealing with loan applications face to face, conducts full interview and builds rapport with the member.
- Responsible for the assessment and sanction of loan facilities in line with the policies agreed by the Board and procedures set by management, within individual discretion.
- Responsible for the delivery of loan decisions, delivering all decline decisions to members verbally with a duty of care and sensitivity.
- Recording accurately all information gathered from members, ensuring notes are a true and factual record of information obtained.
- Responsible for efficiently managing and dealing with all loan administration, i.e. Equifax, R-Post, transactions, filing, etc.
- Over 1 years' relevant financial experience
- Track record in financial compliance within a relevant business
- Experience of service delivery with a focus on continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a similar environment.
- Experience of broader mutual financial provision.
- Familiarity or experience of the wider sector.
- Competitive salary circa £22,000 to £26,000.
- Generous holiday allowance
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.