Our Education Client based in the Coleraine area are looking to recruit a Part time MIS Officer to join their team for a 12 week period with a view to extension.
The MIS Officer will play a key role in the capture, monitoring, reporting, and security of data in Applications, including Learner Management System, Timetabling, Admissions and Reporting applications.
The post holder will be part of a team responsible for the maintenance of a set of data that includes annually records for 11,500 students, 65,000 enrolments, 60,000 student registers and 5,500 sessions. Throughout the year data for two academic years will be in active rising to three academic years for two months of the year.
The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance, validation and compliance of data within these Applications with MIS and Department for the Economy regulations, policies and procedures and any relevant legislation.
The post holder will be responsible for proactively identifying work tasks and managing their own work schedule on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
The MIS Officer will develop relationships with wide range of stakeholders to support the objectives including 4 Curriculum Department Heads, 19 Assistant Heads of Department and 450 co-ordinators.
The MIS Officer will act as the Service Desk Analyst for MIS related incidents reported to the Helpdesk
- GCSE or equivalent in English or Maths at Grade C or above
- An IT User related qualification at level 3 or 1 years experience working with one or more applications utilising a relational database management system and entering and manipulating the data using the application UI and other means(e.g. MS EXCEL, SQL Queries)
- A typing or Word Processing qualification at level 2 or 1 years' experience working in an environment where the capturing and processing of data by electronic means formed at least 50% of the activity
- 1 years' experience of working in a highly regulated environment where comprehensive and accurate records had to be maintained
- Possess a high level of IT literacy and ability to use desktop applications such as MS Word or MS Excel at an intermediate level
- Willingness to travel away from the College, including reasonable, short-term UK travel if and when required.
- Ability to travel between NRC sites and to external events
A full list of duties ar4e available on Request