Monitoring & Compliance Officer
Temporary (until March 2020)
The Client: Local Government body based in Lurgan, serving the community
Hours of work: Mon to Thu 9am - 5pm, Fri 9am - 4.30pm
- Implement the annual monitoring programme to include sampling, issuing of monitoring forms and updating charity register where necessary.
- Assist in analysing charity accounts and annual returns.
- Provide compliance support to charities to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets
- Follow up on closed investigations where orders, directions or regulatory advice are in place to ensure compliance.
- Work across subject areas such as financial reporting requirements, fundraising, trustee issues, and general governance issues.
- Prepare evidence and write reports on failures to comply.
- Contribute to the provision of general advice and guidance materials.
- Work with intermediary bodies in the charity sector to promote compliance with the law.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain electronic filing systems and records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Carry out specified project work under the guidance of senior colleagues to support the achievement of project aims.
- 'A' level passes in 2 separate subjects or equivalent and 5 GCSE / GCE 'O' level grades A, B or C to include English and Maths.
- 3 years relevant experience:
- Experience of financial and/or management accounts, interpreting and presenting financial data and reports.
- Experience of analysis and problem solving in relation to compliance and accounting matters.
- Experience of dealing with queries and/or providing advice to external stakeholders.
- Experience of the maintenance of comprehensive records and databases.
- Experience of using evidence to make judgements and take decisions.
- Ability to interpret annual reports and accounts.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain and develop systems and processes.
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of Word and Excel
- Third level qualification i.e. Business & Finance, Part Qualified Accountant
- Experience of charity accounts/charity governance.
- Knowledge of charity law.
- Knowledge of company and Trustee legislation.
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests.
- Rate of Pay: £10.00 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.