Our Client, a large public sector organisation are recruiting for a Tradesperson (Core trade: Joiner) to join their team.
Job role: Multi skilled tradesperson
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out all types of work associated with the trade, including new work, emergency work, planned maintenance and response maintenance to all buildings and sites under the control of Council.
- Have the ability to read technical drawings, specifications and be responsible for measuring and accessing materials required for the carrying out of the works and obtain quotes for materials as required by the Works Supervisors.
- Operate and maintain tools and other specialised equipment such as power tools including equipment required to carry out any of the duties pertaining to the post, ensuring daily safety checks and report any faults to the works supervisor.
- To make sure all work is carried out in a safe, proper and thorough manner taking into account Health and Safety Legislation including using PPE.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining the stock of raw materials within the tradespersons workshop and van to ensure smooth delivery of the service.
- Must be able to work at height, and on mobile working platforms, scaffolding and ladders.
- Must be able to undertake work outdoors and on occasion in inclement weather conditions.
- Responsible for safe portable small scale scaffolding erection and dismantling.
- Carry out minor works contracts of a constructional nature and where necessary liaise with outside contractors and utility providers.
- Assist in the erection and dismantling of items, fittings and equipment for special events.
Carry out risk assessments for each job allocated and implement recommendations to ensure all hazards are managed.
- Responsible for and driving of vans and lorries, and carrying out recording daily vehicle inspection procedure on allocated vehicle, and completing records/defects sheets and keeping the vehicle tidy and clean.
- Completion of time sheets, works request forms indicating materials used/required, times, work undertaking etc.
- Be prepared to work overtime when requested (including public or bank holidays if available.
- Be prepared to attend emergency calls outside of normal working hours, if available.
- Be prepared to attend training courses including practical/exam/tests as deemed necessary and accept all highlighted responsibilities. To assist in the training of other staff including passing on skills and knowledge to lower graded staff and staff placements.
- Use of communication systems (eg. Mobile phones) for emergency calls.
- Where appropriate act as a key holder for company premises
- Any other appropriate duties as may be allocated, including acting as a group leader or as an assistant to the Works Supervisors and the interchange of duties to cover for leave, sickness and employee vacancies within any other of Councils facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE
- Carry out a range of duties including finishing, joinery and carpentry.
- Provide advice on appropriate use of timber species for various uses.
- Operate and maintain in safe working order a range of equipment including woodworking machines and power tools
- Responsible for ensuring that the joiner's workshop and work sites are maintained in a clean and safe operating condition.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs to include Maths and English Language (Grade C or above) or equivalent qualifications to demonstrate literacy and numeracy.
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have served a 4 years' Apprenticeship.
Alternatively, consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational requirements who can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have served a 4 years Apprenticeship and 4 years' experience in a Carpentry & Joinery environment.
- Hold a current CSR card carpentry/joinery
- Be able to demonstrate the capability to carry out the main duties and responsibilities of the post.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a vehicle OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post[i].
If interested in the role, please attach your CV to the job advert and a member of the Grafton team will be in contact. Alternatively, you can send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org