Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Museum Assistant to start ASAP in Green Lane Museum.
Role: Museum Assistant
Pay rate: £9.00 per hour
Hours: Friday 19th - Monday 22nd April 1pm - 4.45pm.
Then for weekends after that in April May and September Saturdays and Sundays 1pm - 4.45pm
June, July and August - Monday to Sunday 1pm - 4.45pm.
On a rota basis: usually 2 days on 2 days of pattern.
- Providing a welcoming and knowledgeable service in the provision of information and guidance to the public on the artefacts on display and heritage of the area.
- Supervision of the museum and assisting with operational running.
- Opening, closing and security of building. Setting alarms when appropriate. Key holding responsibilities.
- Responsibility for all the items and artefacts in the building.
- To ensure preservation of all materials by taking appropriate steps, with respect to temperature, humidity and lighting and to attend to the physical security.
- Assist with the preparation and setting up of exhibition/displays and interpretative material, participation in the organisation and running of events.
- Supervision of the general public/visitors answering queries.
- Some general cleaning duties within the museum will be required.
- Maintaining visitor information displays and children activity area.
- Maintaining all daily records as instructed including day book, incidence reporting and visitor statistics
Applicants must possess:
- Two months experience dealing with the public in a working environment.
- A good general knowledge of the history of the area.
- 3 GCSE's (grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience of working with arts/crafts/museum artefacts.
- 3 months of museum documentation experience
- 3 months administrative or clerical experience using Office packages
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.