National Transport Manager
Currently hiring a National Transport Manager to ensure the effective management of Depot transport at operational level for all of Ireland and involvement in major Projects.
On a typical day, the successful candidate can expect to be involved in the following :
- Organise, plan and manage the day to day transport operation for all depots
- Ensure Transport KPIs are met and Budgets achieved
- Deliver all aspects of customer service including liaising with other departments, customers and suppliers
- People Management - ensure performance and development reviews are completed on time
- Responsibility for ensuring HR processes are implemented and adhered to
- Recruit and train drivers as per the needs/requirements of the business
- Ensure the transport team have the correct skills and knowledge to meet customer and business needs
- Identify, develop and reward high performing team members
- Work towards positive employee relations, productivity levels and time keeping
- The management of budgeted costs on an ongoing basis
- Monitor operational systems and schedules and ensure that route schedules are cost efficient and change processes or methods as required so as to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ensure highest levels of Health & Safety are maintained at all times, Audit, monitor and implement compliance with all relevant transport legislation
- Fleet Management and ensuring fleet is fit for purpose
- Working with Quality Control department to ensure compliance on QC initiatives
Ideally you will have 5 + years Transport Management experience and a 3rd level qualification in Transport/Supply Chain or the equivalent. FMCG experience is preferable.
Please apply below with your most recent CV and I will be in contact to discuss further.
We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.