Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Network Engineer for a leader in building, integrating and managing complex cloud environments for their clients globally. They are accredited with the leading global cloud technology providers and offer the full spectrum of IT Managed Services, Integration Services, Software Development, and 24X7 Support.
They enable organisations to advance their digital transformation journey at an infrastructure and business optimisation level with our consulting practice and business automation software toolset.
Led by an experienced team of industry experts their workforce of IT and business professionals operate across: EMEA, Caribbean, USA, LATAM provider based in Belfast, County Antrim, Northern Ireland with offices in Newry.
Objectives - Year One
Be able to provide engineer level support in our clients' environments without assistance and teach others to do the same.
- Perform Troubleshooting of Network Alerts on supported technology platforms
- Perform Change Management (configuration changes) on supported technology platforms
- Be the subject matter expert in Network and Voice Management Platforms
- Perform daily tasks and provide clear and concise updates to internal teams and external clients
- Perform tasks using the documented policies and procedures
- Perform systems checks to verify all circuits are functioning as expected
- Analyse and investigate interface utilization report's
- Troubleshoot disabled ports/ interface
- Escalate and work with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Perform configuration changes on network devices
- Participate in scheduled tasks like building power down and power up
- Perform Firmware updates in network devices
- Monitor and manage policies for:
- Web filtering
- Data loss prevention
- Manage Cisco CallManager configuration with several remote offices receiving services from the central Cisco CallManager
- Perform Moves, Adds, Changes (MAC) as part of managing Voice/IP telephone systems
- Troubleshoot IP telephony from end to end, including IP telephony voice quality issues and between within locations.
- 3-5 years' experience in a service/support or technical delivery role for IP telephony enterprises
- Minimum of two years working as a network engineer
- Strong understanding of VoIP in an enterprise infrastructure
- Strong understanding of popular network routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Strong understanding of popular Firewall vendor solutions (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, SonicWall)
- Strong understanding of first Hop Redundancy methods (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Strong understanding of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Familiar with change management and ITIL processes
- Ability to provide timely and informative follow-up to end users
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tenant environment
- The desire to work in a support function, performing day to day blocking and tackling on system alerts and end user requests
- S/B.A. degree or relevant experience preferred
- Cisco professional certification CNNA, CNNP.
Remuneration & Benefits Package
The Salary is up to £36k plus package (medical, pension, phone, and laptop)
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;