Location: Newry and Mourne
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Network Engineer for a leading IT Solutions company based in Newry and Mourne.
As a Network Engineer, you will provide engineer level support on-site. Duties to include but not limited to:
- Perform Troubleshooting of Network Alerts on supported technology platforms
- Perform Change Management (configuration changes) on supported technology platforms
- Be the subject matter expert in Network and Voice Management Platforms
- Perform daily tasks and provide clear and concise updates to internal teams and external clients
- Perform tasks using the documented policies and procedures
- Network Management o Perform systems checks to verify all circuits are functioning as expected
- Analyse and investigate interface utilisation reports
- Troubleshoot disabled ports/interface
- Escalate and work with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Perform configuration changes on network devices
- Participate in scheduled tasks like building power down and power up
- Perform firmware updates on network devices
- Monitor and manage policies for ▪ Web filtering
- Data Loss Prevention
- Manage Cisco CallManager Configuration with several remote offices receiving services from the central Cisco CallManager
- Perform Moves, Adds, Changes (MAC) as part of managing Voice/IP telephone systems
- Troubleshoot IP telephony from end to end, including IP telephony voice quality issues and between and within location
- Voice Management
- Degree in a relevant field
- Cisco professional certification CNNA, CNNP.
- 3-5 years' experience in a service/support or technical delivery role for IP telephony enterprises
- Minimum of two years working as a network engineer
- Strong understanding of VoIP in an enterprise infrastructure
- Strong understanding of popular network routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Strong understanding of popular Firewall vendor solutions (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, SonicWall)
- Strong understanding of first Hop Redundancy methods (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Strong understanding of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Familiar with change management and ITIL processes
- Ability to provide timely and informative follow-up to end users
- Desire to work in a fast paced, multi-tenant environment
- Desire to work in a support function, performing day to day blocking and tackling on system alerts and end user requests
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland