Northern Area Manager
Northern area Manager
Grafton Specialist team are delighted to be working alongside Translink who are seeking an Area Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the planning, organisation and delivery of transport services. This role is a new opportunity and they are seeking an effective leader who will be assisting in supporting all staff and maintaining the growth of Translink as the lead provider of transport solutions.
- Manage and continuously review the network of services to maximise efficiency and, where appropriate, to optimise co-ordination of bus and rail services (i.e. Metro, Ulsterbus, school transport provision and rail).
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure continuity and performance of services within the area.
- Plan, develop and implement agreed business plans/strategy.
- Prepare budgets, monitor performance and ensure compliance with financial targets, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure the recruitment of talented and competent persons and plan, create and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage business change to continuously improve operating practices.
- Perform functions of License Holder within area of responsibility.
- Manage people and resources to ensure staff, vehicles and schedules are effectively deployed to provide safe, cost-effective and quality customer service.
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Oversee the management of discipline and absenteeism in accordance with relevant employment
- legislation, Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out risk management according to established Translink methodology.
- Monitor district performance against KPI's and implement action plans to improve performance and
- meet strategic objectives.
- Implement agreed Translink functional policies within districts.
- Sign service contracts with ELB's and other parties.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial/operational management with responsibility for people and resources
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Experience of budget preparation
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.