NPI Engineer - Surface Mount Technology
Location: Co Down
Salary: Negotiable, attractive - 30-40k DOE
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an NPI Engineer role for leading Electronics manufacturing company based in County Down. This post requires an experienced Engineer with an electronics background and specific experience in SMT (Surface Mount Technology) manufacturing and machinery.
The company has a very successful local history and partners with many global organisations on the development of specific electronic components.
Reporting to: NPI Engineering Manager
Engineering responsibilities may include engineering solutions for test development, product design, customisation of existing product design and technical support on build to print product including, but not exclusive, the following:
- Project management and ownership of multiple parallel projects
- Conversion of customer drawings and data into manufacturing data and transfer to Sage ERP
- Programming of PCB assembly equipment including pick and place machinery
- Creation of operator build and process documentation
- Hands on support in model and pre-production build as necessitated by the business.
- Maintenance of appropriate and accurate records.
- Involvement in contract review with respect to all NPI engineering and commercial issues.
- Completion and development of documentation as per the requirements of ISO9001
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- 3rd level education in electrical or electronic engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Surface Mount PCBA manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- IT literate with experience in MS office suite of programs
- Ability to communicate project status and escalation of issues / problems
- Demonstrable Project Management Experience including leading project teams
- Prior experience in programming pick and place equipment including SMT package creation / optimisation
- Experience in the programming and use of Europlacer pick and place equipment
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to those who have demonstrable experience in cable manufacturing, Electro-mechanical Assembly and System Integration.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 30k to 40k per annum depending on experience
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.