£46,000 per annum
Working Hours: 42 hours per week
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Nurse Manager for one of Northern Ireland's longest serving Healthcare Providers based in Belfast. Our client has a proven reputation for delivering high quality nursing care in all of their facilities and also believes that apart from providing high quality care that it also gives back to the local community.
As the Nurse Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the home in line with the Company's objectives of delivering the highest standards of care possible to clients. You will be responsible for carrying out on spot inspections out of hours and provision of on call support to the Home. As Nurse Manager you will ensure the viability of the Home by acting within agreed budgetary controls.
- Supervise the professional work of all staff and ensure that individual patient care provided is of the highest standard. Adhere to the NMC professional code of conduct.
- If necessary, act as a "primary nurse" for a group of clients.
- Ensure high quality nursing care, providing a holistic care approach (personal centred care.)
- Be sensitive to the changing and ongoing needs of clients, relatives and other carers.
- Keep up to date with new developments in nursing care and treatment.
- Use quality assurance tools where appropriate to ensure the maintenance of high standards of care.
- Complete Electoral Register forms as requested by Electoral Office.
- Liaise with doctors, community nursing colleagues, social workers and CPN'S, reporting any change in clients' condition as appropriate.
- Liaise with medical and all services such as chiropody, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, clergy and hairdressing.
- Supervise the correct procedures with regard to complaints, incidents, accidents and nursing procedures and care of the dying in accordance with company policy.
- Listen to, record and act accordingly following requests from clients and relatives either individually or through the clients support groups.
- Keeping, giving and receiving up to date records on all clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that day to day staff cover, and duty rotas are in accordance with budgetary guidelines, which incorporate the requirements of formal staffing notices for minimum staffing requirements by the RQIA and dependency levels of clients. Arrange holiday cover and maintain relief for all staffing disciplines.
- Recruit, select and supervise induction of all new staff.
- Responsible for ensuring Staff Nurse NMC registration and Carers NISCC registration is in place, valid and regularly monitored.
- Ensure continued training with regard to - Moving and Handling, Fire, Health & Safety, First Aid, NVQ and Cross Infection.
- Carry out short teaching sessions to maintain good practice and ensure those involved in the sessions sign the training log.
- Ensure that supervisions are carried out twice yearly for all relevant members of staff and that appraisals are carried out on all for all levels of staff at least once a year.
- Implement company grievance and disciplinary procedures as and when necessary.
- Maintain staff register in line with regulations from the RQIA.
- Hold regular staff meetings.
- Previous experience in a similar management position; managing staff and budgets
- Hold an RGN or RMN qualification with current NMC registration
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Experience of working with people with dementia will be a distinct advantage for this position
- Car owner with Valid Driving Licence
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a competitive salary of up to £46,000 (approx.) per annum with the opportunity to avail of generous private healthcare, paid holidays, a commitment to career progression, internal job opportunities and quality training. You'll also avail of working for a leading and proven provider in Healthcare with an outstanding reputation.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.