Occupational Therapist - Greater Belfast
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is recruiting an Occupational Therapist to be based in the Greater Belfast area. A full time permanent role, this is ideal for an Occupational Therapist at Band 5 Level considering a move into Private settings.
The role is based in our client's Brain Injury and Physical Disability Service in a developing Specialist Unit which focuses on long term care and life fulfilment for those suffering with ABI, TBI or other physical disabilities.
Our client provides a safe, homely environment coupled with twenty-four hour clinical nursing care, also offering companionship within a sense of community.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and lead on MDT meetings with nursing and care staff.
- Contribute occupational therapy expertise to ensure we deliver outstanding assessment, care planning and support for the Residents.
- Participate in the provision of high-quality therapeutic activities, using a wide range of approaches to suit the Residents' varying needs
- Assist with the training of care staff and others in principles of occupational therapy, so that an understanding of occupational therapy underpins the work of the care team.
- Encourage independence and personal choice and help provide an environment which is conductive to Residents with varied and complex needs.
- Provide the Home Manager with evidence-based practice which contributes to service development.
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised Post-graduate Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Hold (or be eligible to apply for) HCPC registration
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
- Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED**
You will receive a salary of £23,000 - £25,000 as well as:
- A comprehensive induction and support
- Excellent on-going professional development
- Generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Participation in a six month mentorship and coaching program
- Opportunities to be involved in research programmes in association with its clinical partner, the University of Ulster
- Considerable career development opportunities
- Supportive and friendly work culture
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland