Office Facilities Assistant
- Fulfil staff requirements with regards to proactively monitoring, maintaining and distributing office-related supplies (except IT) throughout the business in response to both usage and demand.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office equipment with regards to stocking, fault reporting and call out for repairs utilising pre-arranged contractual arrangements.
- Assist with the administration of the office off-site archival system.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing post is appropriately administered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process deliveries to the office in accordance with Company Procedure.
- Assist in monitoring the general condition of the office building, reporting faults when necessary and liaising with the relevant out-sourced Provider with regards to appropriate rectification.
- Monitor Contractors coming onto site, arranging access, directing to an appropriate location and recording both time and task undertaken.
- Provide Reception cover on an ad hoc basis as, and when, required.
- Generally, demonstrate a "sleeves rolled up" approach with regards to under-taking the role, assuming responsibility for the various duties under its remit and assisting others - when required.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Experience working in a similar role or environment.
- Basic IT Skills including the ability to use all MS Office packages, including Excel.
- Competent organisational skills with and ability to complete a wide variety of tasks/challenges throughout the office.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with a methodical approach.
- The ability to manage time and staff expectations with regards to delivery of service.
- The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic individual capable of performing a variety of tasks - often with pre-determine time constraints - by way of service provision to many departments within the organisation.