Operations & Service Manager
Location: County Antrim
Salary: Very Competitive
Grafton are delighted to be working in conjunction with our superb client who are seeking a strong Operations and Service Manager to oversee their depot in Newtownabbey. You will be a key member of the senior team and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage business change linked to the Bus Business Plan within the districts and deliver cost savings whilst identifying opportunities for change and leading continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager develop effective support structures to deliver the business needs of the district with optimum efficiency.
- Assess, monitor and manage transport services, materials and cleaning (fleet presentation) and staff in the district, ensuring that staff are recruited, developed and trained to meet the needs of the business, to provide safe, cost-effective service delivery and high-quality customer service.
- Take full responsibility for profit and loss accountability, as well as budget preparation and financial forecasting for the district financial performance.
- Take responsibility for the on-going safety culture within the district ensuring adherence to health and safety and environmental legislation and standards, carrying out risk assessments on physical or human resources.
- Manage and continuously review the network of services related to the district to maximise efficiency in conjunction with the Area Scheduler and Area Manager.
- Respond to and provide constructive and consistent solutions to a variety of employee and trade union issues in order to maintain good industrial relations, e.g. requests for flexible working, shift changes, personal issues, uniform queries, absence and health and welfare issues, disciplinary situations.
- Maintain and develop systems and records to meet legal and practical needs and to provide KPI/reports as required by Area Manager and Operations Technical Services.
- Investigate and respond effectively and promptly to accidents/RTA's and emergency situations.
- Investigate and respond effectively to customer complaints and compliments in order to portray the Company in the best possible light.
- Represent the Company by interfacing with key stakeholders, e.g. ELB's/schools, Local Political Representatives, Local Authorities, Community Groups.
- Manage Contracts applicable within the district.
- Maximise the use of all operational technical systems to ensure an efficient, compliant service which provides safety and value for money for customers.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisations' equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role.
- Possess a minimum of a third level qualification
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in operational management
- Experience of leading a team in a trade unionised environment
- Experience of budget preparation, financial forecasting and financial analysis
- Experience of managing safety, measuring performance and driving improvements
- Experience of using computer packages in particular Microsoft Office packages
- Full current driving licence
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda Reddington at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland