Operations Supervisor - Nightshift
The post holder will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of designated teams to ensure the timely manufacture, dispatch and delivery of the product.
- Plan and coordinate, in conjunction with the other Supervisors as required, the timely manufacture or dispatch of window blinds within your designated teams to achieve your team objectives and balanced scorecard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as determined by management.
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within your area is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Meet weekly departmental/team quality targets.
Health and Safety
- Implement the company's Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within your area of responsibility (e.g. manual handling, use of PPE, safe use of machinery and equipment, stacking & storage, etc.).
- Carry out health & safety audits and inspections as required. Record & report findings and take, or follow-up on,
- Ensure that full pre-use & shut down checks are carried out by users of machinery/equipment
- Represent the department on the Health & Safety Committee as required.
New Product Development Process
- Effective forward planning to ensure departmental actions under the New Product Development Process (NPDP) are completed on time and within budget.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training & development and health, safety & welfare of your team.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit
- Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality, etc.
- Liaise with customers as required to ensure clarity of requirements, technical details, overcome problems, etc.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.