Role: Band 5 Operations Support
Rate of Pay: 11.66 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Duration: ASAP - at least 6 months
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support for infrastructure, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
- Deliver IT systems and services to support HSC business objectives.
- Management of data centres, security, networks and client access services.
- Technical support services for infrastructure (such as SANS, virtualised servers, operating systems, storage, middleware products etc.).
- Network services such TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Configuration and support of databases.
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems.
- Monitor and maintain performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- Assist with security audits and investigation of security breaches and incidents.
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services.
- Assist in the design, implementation, development and support of complex ICT solutions.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A university degree in a computer science or Informatics related discipline or an equivalent recognised professional qualification PLUS 1 years relevant experience
- Have 4 years relevant experience
- Have successfully completed a 2-year Level 3 ICT Apprenticeship within the past 5 years PLUS have 3 years recent relevant experience. Achievement of this qualification must have been assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body. Participants must have completed a competence based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3, a knowledge based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3 and the mandatory essential skills. (Application of Number - Level 2 Communication - Level 2 ICT - Level 2)
Be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Have experience and ability in planning and managing activities to deliver against service delivery plans;
- Have worked effectively to influence and achieve results with a range of stakeholders;
- Have experience in the use of business-related computer systems plus experience using Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full; and
- Have the ability to identify, collate and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making and reporting.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 22nd April 2019.