The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- Provide ICT services as part of a specialist ICT services or project team
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Application services
- Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage, networking and domain services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Development, configuration and support of databases
- Develop and Modify software as directed
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Carry out Business and Data analysis
- Provide ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance
- Work with software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions
- Testing and Review of products and solutions
- Network and Security services such as TCP/IP network equipment and software, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs per week
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
- 2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
- At least 1 year's relevant experience*
- At least 18 months relevant experience*
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner
- *Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting information and communications technology systems in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes ICT areas such as software development & support; web design and development; communications and network support; and technical support.
- The following clarification is provided:
- Communications and Network Support environments: Maintenance and support of communication networks hardware and facilities (primarily based on Cisco equipment) including routers, switches, firewalls and other similar hardware, and have an appreciation of IP networking.
- Technical Support: Microsoft environments: Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2003/2008 & 2012, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SharePoint 2010/2013, MS Office 2007/2010/2013. Microsoft System Centre Suite. UNIX - IBM AIX, HPUX, Linux.
- Virtualization technologies, VMware, PowerVM, Hyper-V.
- Database - SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, Oracle, Unidata, Intersystems Cache
- Others - Lotus Applications, Mac OSX.
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Experience in providing customer support services
- Rates of Pay: £10.20 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.