Temporary Park Warden required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £11.19 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To enforce bye-laws, dog control orders, litter code and carry out alcohol enforcement
- To patrol and clock in at designated sites and maintain orderly conduct of the public ensuring general safety
- To give guidance and deal with any complaints in relation to the relevant sites
- To prepare and compile reports in relation to all aspects of the post
- To lift litter, waste, rubbish and hazardous materials such as glass bottles, dog fouling etc. and ensure that all such materials are disposed of appropriately
- To update and maintain park opening signs removing any graffiti or other disfigurements, whilst also ensuring that the correct opening hours are displayed and to carry out minor repairs on signs if required as directed by Park Management
- To undertake routine inspection of paths, parks furniture, lighting etc. completing the necessary inspection records and reporting any faults
- To carry out visual playground inspections, report any hazardous equipment or vandalism within these areas and make safe
- To check buildings within parks, playing fields and open spaces ensuring they are secure, opening and closing them as required
- To maintain records and complete paperwork/records in connection with incidents, inspections, accidents and vandalism
- To use the radio, mobile phone or other media provided and operate public address systems to communicate with park users
- To use when necessary body mounted CCTV or other supplied equipment to aid in the process of prosecution
- To drive and maintain in a safe and clean condition the vehicle or other transport provided and report any maintenance or repairs that may be required. Also to carry out daily vehicle and equipment inspections completing the required inspection documentation
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with health and safety legislation and council regulations, to include the wearing of safety boots and high visibility jacket, and other PPE
- To work with community, school and activity groups and individuals to provide a welcome to the park and to provide support and information about the park and its appropriate use
- To undertake guided tours, walks and talks within the parks ensuring that the required levels of knowledge and skills are kept up to date
- To render first aid when required
- To undertake security, information and customer care duties at events as required
- To assist in emergency situations to distribute supplies and relevant advice
- To undertake the safe and humane handling of a range of animals e.g. dogs, horses and wildfowl
- To participate in all induction and in-service training and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff
- A full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, or, have access to a form of transport which enables them to carry out the duties of the post in full
- At least one years experience in dealing effectively with members of the public, working within a security role and working in an enforcement/legislative role e.g. dog control orders or alcohol enforcement
- Experience in opening/closing facilities, setting alarms, reporting incidents and carrying out patrols
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.