Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services
Part Time (18.75 Hours) Admin Support required on a temporary basis for approx 3 months based in NI Cancer Centre, Belfast City Hospital.
£8.90 per hour.
- Clinical/Professional/Specific Managerial Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the Oncology Service
- Manager and effectively plan/contribute to her day through good diary management, scheduling of meetings, accurate minute taking, processing of incoming and outgoing mail and being point of contact.
- To type and process all letters using audio typing, word processing and e-mail as required
- Organise and prioritise the designated workload in relation to identified needs
- Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained in a timely manner with the Oncology Service Manager, Oncology Assistant Service Manager and the Oncology In-patient Service Manager.
- Effectively use Trust wide computer technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology strategy to establish good data collection processes for all projects being undertake
- Collate data and provide reports to support and contribute to audit, governance, research and service development
- Provide support to Oncology Service Manager in data collection, audit and reports and other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a high standard of service including good time keeping in the workplace as required to meet the needs of the service
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in line with current legislation and policies within the department
- Demonstrate in practice the Macmillan Human Rights Standard for Cancer Care
- To undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Oncology Service Manager, Oncology Assistant Service Manager and Oncology In-patient Service Manage
- Generic managerial responsibilities both within an operational and strategic context.
- Carry out administration duties appropriate to the role
- Assist in the planning, inviting and organisation of health service events as deemed necessary
- Collate required information from team members to allow senior manager to prepare reports
- Demonstrate commitment through regular attendance, efficient completion of duties and participation in department/team activities
- Comply with, trust policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and codes of conduct
- Contribute to the effective and economic use of resources and the maintenance of all equipment
- Participate in the Trust Personal Performance & Development Review
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Carry out any other duties as required
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English, Grade A-C and 2 years clerical experience
NVQ level 2 in Administration or equivalent qualification and 2 years clerical experience
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of PAS
- Good communication skills with people at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team and to relate to senior members of staff
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to use computer for typing of reports, collation of data - or willingness to undertake training to gain competency
- Understanding of patient centred care
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- Willingness to undertake learning and development courses as appropriate to the post
Closing date 25th March