- Possession of a full driving licence and access to a means of transport;
- Ability to work bank holiday weekends.
- Reading and writing skills to record visitor information requirements
- An interest in the environment with local history
- Must hold current Access NI Clearance
- General monitoring of the Estate and assisting with its running;
- Opening, closing and checking the security of buildings and setting alarms where appropriate;
- Completing personal time sheets and vehicle log sheets and such other returns as may be required from time to time;
- Carryout regular inspections of roads, paths, woodland walks, fence lines and picnic areas etc and providing reports.
- Light cleaning of formal bench seating and bins.
- Patrolling sites and enforcing byelaws where appropriate;
- Encouraging responsible behaviour by the public;
- Escorting/supervision of groups, demonstrating sites, participation in the organising and running of events and giving talks using an information package prepared in conjunction with wardening staff;
- Helping the public, answering questions on non-policy matters and generally making them feel welcome;
- Carrying out health and safety checks as scheduled
- Working outside in a forest environment
- Fulfilling authorised person duties relating to the undertaking and enforcement of the provisions of enabling legislation;
- Assisting with control of special activities such as major events;
- Undergoing training as required to carry out duties and develop a knowledge of the estate history.
- Undergoing training as required to carry out the duties
Hours 9am-5pm (evening hours will be available as daylight hours increase)
16hrs approximately (potential for additional hours as daylight hours increase)
Days of Work: Saturday-Sunday
Hourly rate: £7.83/hr