Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit for a temporary Payroll Advisor to start ASAP for a duration of approx. 3 months with possible extension
Pay rate: £12.37p/h
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday-Friday
At least one year's relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- dealing with and resolving of customer payroll enquiries and complaints;
- collating and analysing payroll information using relevant payroll packages and IT systems; and
- maintaining payroll records and best practice in relation to payroll matters.
To be responsible to the Senior Payroll Advisor(s) for assisting with proper, accurate and timely payments and to assist with the provision of advice and guidance to the managers and other staff on all matters relating to payroll.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To be responsible to the Senior Payroll Advisor(s) for the delivery of a comprehensive payroll service ensuring accurate and timely payments and maintain a high level of customer service, in accordance with relevant statutory legislation.
- To assist the Senior Payroll Advisor(s) in the maintenance and development of the Payroll system and the delivery of the payroll function.
- To provide information advice and guidance to senior staff, employees, and the relevant external third party organisations on payroll and pensions related issues in accordance with current legislation, local government guidelines and as required by the business area.
- To liaise with Human Resources with regard to pay details and to ensure that payments are made in accordance with the council's regulations, standing orders and any other legislation or regulation which may apply.
- To assist with the processing of contractual and statutory schemes, such as sick, maternity/paternity/adoption/parental and redundancy pay in accordance with statutory legislation and regulations.
- To assist with the processing of appropriate redundancy scheme in accordance with the business regulations and statutory legislation and regulations.
- To assist with the maintenance of payroll records including all electronic and manual systems, procedures, and reporting mechanisms with regard to payroll and all related matters according to current legislation, audit and security standards, and Data Protection requirements
- To assist in developing implementing and monitoring appropriate departmental quality initiatives.
- To assist the Senior Payroll Advisor(s) in the delivery of the section's objectives.
- To represent the post holder's line manager, as required within the post holder's sphere of responsibility.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided by the business area and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management procedures as appropriate.
- To undertake such other relevant duties, from time to time as may be required
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.