Our client based outside Portadown require an experienced part-time Payroll Assistant to join their team. Hours of work will be Mon-Fri working mornings.
To ensure the monthly payroll is prepared and delivered on time, in compliance with company procedures, data protection and the relevant statutory authorities, Assist in administration duties in a busy HR department.
- To develop and implement procedures to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the wages department.
- Input and maintain accurate data for salaried paid employees, connected with clock-ins, pay rates, holiday accrual, and company pension, statutory requirements (PAYE), SSP and SMP.
- Ability to liaise with outside bodies, DHSS, Inland Revenue, etc., and to complete associated paperwork.
- To ensure knowledge is adequate in dealing with current legislation.
- Maintain an up to date filing system, archiving information as and when required.
- Dealing with general enquiries either face to face, via the telephone or e-mail, internal and external.
- To ensure that even in times of staff absence that there is continuity in the provision of the wages administration service.
- Must work to a high degree of confidentiality and adhere to Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that general enquires are promptly processed
- To assist with processing recruitment related paperwork
- Update and maintain employee data
- Provide a full range of admin support
- Manage requests and responses to Work Experiences applications
- Able to work on own initiative, to tight deadlines and with minimum supervision
- Handle high level of confidential documents and material
- A minimum of 2 years experience at a similar level in a busy office environment.
- To be able to communicate at all levels.
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must have knowledge of company systems associated with the wages /accounts function, ideally Timeware, Navison and Miracle Payroll.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Claire on 02838353335 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org