With the rapid growth my client has experienced, motivated and dynamic team players are needed urgently and top of that list is an experienced Payroll Controller. Along with a strong technical skillset you must show a willingness to get involved in additional aspects of HR and Finance whilst still maintaining a high level of Payroll control.
This role would provide the successful applicant with a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of the organisation. You will be responsible for the effective processing of the payroll function for staff in the UK and throughout Europe. This position would best suit an individual with experience of processing payroll in different regions with knowledge of the various regulations who is self-sufficient and possess a positive 'can do' attitude. You will have a good understanding of payroll processes and be an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in order to effectively resolve issues and build relationships.
Required skills and experience:
- Taking control and management of the payroll function
- End of year processing and reconciliation including payment summaries
- Production of P11Ds and P60s and associated reporting
- Processing of P45s, P46s as appropriate
- Maintain and reconcile payroll records
- Prepare month-end payments of PAYE to Inland Revenue and payroll journals
- Preparation and monitoring of the pension requirements including the creation of monthly pension amounts to be submitted
- Deal with payroll queries and be the contact for HMRC
- Assisting the HR Manager with pay and benefits projects
- Monitoring absence data, reports and make recommendations for the improvement of absence related systems
- Qualified or Studying towards Payroll Qualification
- Advanced Excel, Word, and other MS Office products, the experience of Accountancy & Payroll systems as well as manual payroll essential