The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post-holder will work in the Client's Finance Dept, which is a customer-focused department. Responsible for working on own initiative to prepare wages/salaries from input data (usually a costing sheet) to produce a net pay. The person must have a thorough knowledge of the workings of a payroll.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
* Minimum of 4 GCSEs including English & Maths (Grade C ) or equivalent AND a minimum of 1 year's experience of working in payroll with responsibility for the full cycle of the payroll process through to BACs payment for employees & HMRC, etc.
* OR (in lieu of qualification) a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in payroll with responsibility for the full cycle of the payroll process through to BACs payment for employees & HMRC, etc.
* At least 1 year's experience of computerised payroll processing, using Cintra IQ, Sun Account System or similar software system
* Experience of providing a variety of payroll reports via a computerised payroll system
* Be competent in the use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, databases and email.
* Be available to work outside normal office hours, including evenings, weekends & public/bank holidays as required
* Must be willing to undergo a Basic AccessNI check
* Rates of Pay: £9.78 p/hr
* Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.