The Role: As the Payroll and HR administrator you will be tasked with processing weekly payroll for approx. 200 employees and completing various payroll and HR reports. You will also be tasked to provide daily comprehensive and effective administration support to the HR assistant and HR & H&S Manager.
- Calculating hours and overtime using a time clock system and entering data onto Excel, using pivot tables to extract data to be uploaded to Sage 50 payroll.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Processing a weekly payroll using Sage 50 Payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s.
- Deal with employee queries regarding wages, deductions, attendance, and time records.
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Calculate holiday entitlement and holiday pay in line with current legislation
- Process all new starters and leavers including production of employment contracts, induction packs, reference requests, company handbooks, leaver letters and holiday payments.
- Process all paperwork associated with employment changes and variations to contracts.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
- Create and maintain up to date folders and spreadsheets for all employee benefit information.
- Assist with any recruitment administration, including employment applications and ensure safer recruitment practices are met.
- Support the administration of annual pay review, employee survey and HR statistics.
- Maintain the HR Database including absence reporting.
- Excellent IT skills with proven experience in all Microsoft Packages and a good knowledge of spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Confident telephone manner and highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Sage 50 Payroll experience/qualification
- Good standard of formal education with above average literacy and numeracy
- CIPD or equivalent HR qualification/ working towards this
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current employment law and understanding of HR policies
- Experience of using a computerised time clock system would be advantageous
- Experience taking minutes of meetings
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.