- To develop and implement procedures to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the wages department.
- Input and maintain accurate data for salaried paid employees, connected with clock-ins, pay rates, holiday accrual, and company pension, statutory requirements (PAYE), SSP and SMP.
- Ability to liaise with outside bodies, DHSS, Inland Revenue, etc., and to complete associated paperwork.
- To ensure knowledge is adequate in dealing with current legislation.
- Maintain an up to date filing system, archiving information as and when required.
- Dealing with general enquiries either face to face, via the telephone or e-mail, internal and external.
- To ensure that even in times of staff absence that there is continuity in the provision of the wages administration service.
- Must work to a high degree of confidentiality and adhere to Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that general enquires are promptly processed
- To assist with processing recruitment related paperwork
- Update and maintain employee data
- Provide a full range of admin support
- Manage requests and responses to Work Experiences applications
- Able to work on own initiative, to tight deadlines and with minimum supervision
- Handle high level of confidential documents and material
Experience, Skills & Behaviours:
- A minimum of 2 years experience at a similar level.
- To be able to communicate at all levels.
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must have knowledge of company systems associated with the wages /accounts function, ideally Timeware, Navison and Miracle Payroll.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
9.30 -2.30pm Mon - Fri