Our Client, a Large Public Sector based in Coleraine require a PEACE IV Project Officer to join their team.
Role : PEACE IV Project Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : £12.10
Main Purpose of the job :
This post is a multi-functional post to assist the PEACE IV Manager with the development and delivery of the PEACE IV Action Plan for the Causeway Coast & Glens Council.
To assist the PEACE IV Manager in support of the PEACE IV Partnership to ensure full allocation and spend of funding across the Council area in compliance with the requirements of the EU and the SEUPB; and to fulfill the aims and objectives of the PEACE IV Programme as set out in the Causeway Coast and Glens Local PEACE IV Action Plan.
This post will be responsible for coordinating PEACE IV Communications activities.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assist the PEACE IV Manager with the animation, delivery, implementation and administration of the Causeway Coast and Glens PEACE IV Action Plan and promote participation in the Programme in accordance with Council, SEUPB and EU requirements.
- Assist with the implementation and review of the operational plans, internal admin unit systems and project monitoring and evaluation systems for the disbursement of EU funding.
- Provide information and advice to potential applicants on the PEACE IV Programme; and to successful applicants relating to claims including guidance on procurement, preparing claims, maintaining accurate records of expenditure and performance and publicity.
- Prepare tenders, including writing terms of reference and setting criteria for procurement of project delivery.
- Undertake the evaluation and appraisal of project applications for funding and prepare relevant documentation for panel meetings.
- Coordinate PEACE IV Communications to ensure that project outputs/evaluation information is widely promoted within the Causeway Coast and Glens area and to provide information to assist in the development of newsletters, annual reports and other promotional activities.
- Assist the PEACE IV Manager in the preparation of Letters of Offer, claims and monitoring procedures ensuring performance indicators are agreed with all projects prior to project commencement.
- Regularly update the SEUPB and other EU databases.
- Maintain project files to record correspondence and claims documentation to meet with Programme requirements.
- Undertake quarterly monitoring and evaluation and co-ordinate and carry out site visits with project grant recipients.
- Liaise with and maintain good working relations with a range of stakeholders and interested parties including Council Officers, the Causeway Coast and Glens PEACE IV Partnership, potential participants, promoters, external groups and relevant statutory bodies, such as SEUPB.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair Employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Well being.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Manager to the achievement of the purpose and function of the post.
Essential Criteria :
- Have a third level qualification
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application from, two years' experience in each of the following areas:
- Project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver in at least one of the following areas; peace and reconciliation, community and development and good relations
- Compiling and presenting reports; with the ability to collect, analyse, interpret and report on a variety pf data.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have four years' relevant experience in the areas outlined above.
Other: A Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.