Main Purpose of Post
- This post is a multi-functional post to assist the PEACE IV Manager with the development and delivery of the PEACE IV Action Plan for the Causeway Coast & Glens Council.
- To assist the PEACE IV Manager in support of the PEACE IV Partnership to ensure full allocation and spend of funding across the Council area in compliance with the requirements of the EU and the SEUPB; and to fulfill the aims and objectives of the PEACE IV Programme as set out in the Causeway Coast and Glens Local PEACE IV Action Plan.
- This post will be responsible for coordinating PEACE IV Communications activities
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the PEACE IV Manager with the animation, delivery, implementation and administration of the Causeway Coast and Glens PEACE IV Action Plan and promote participation in the Programme in accordance with Council, SEUPB and EU requirements.
- Assist with the implementation and review of the operational plans, internal admin unit systems and project monitoring and evaluation systems for the disbursement of EU funding.
- Provide information and advice to potential applicants on the PEACE IV Programme; and to successful applicants relating to claims including guidance on procurement, preparing claims, maintaining accurate records of expenditure and performance and publicity.
- Prepare tenders, including writing terms of reference and setting criteria for procurement of project delivery.
- Undertake the evaluation and appraisal of project applications for funding and prepare relevant documentation for panel meetings.
- Coordinate PEACE IV Communications to ensure that project outputs/evaluation information is widely promoted within the Causeway Coast and Glens area and to provide information to assist in the development of newsletters, annual reports and other promotional activities.
- Assist the PEACE IV Manager in the preparation of Letters of Offer, claims and monitoring procedures ensuring performance indicators are agreed with all projects prior to project commencement.
- Assist the Manager with the servicing of the PEACE IV Partnership, Steering Committees, and appropriate sub-groups and working groups through attendance or by facilitating meetings, preparing papers and progress reports where necessary.
- Assist with the co-ordination of research relevant to the delivery of the Programme, including analysis and circulation of information as appropriate.
- Regularly update the SEUPB and other EU databases.
- Maintain project files to record correspondence and claims documentation to meet with Programme requirements
- Undertake quarterly monitoring and evaluation and co-ordinate and carry out site visits with project grant recipients.
- Undertake training as organised by SEUPB, Council and other providers ensuring that all learning is applied to the work environment.
- Liaise with and maintain good working relations with a range of stakeholders and interested parties including Council Officers, the Causeway Coast and Glens PEACE IV Partnership, potential participants, promoters, external groups and relevant statutory bodies, such as SEUPB.
- Ensure transparency and accountability in all areas of work.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service
1. A third level qualification
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, and two years experience in each of the following areas
a) Project management, monitoring and evaluation
b) working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver in at least one of the following areas: peace and reconciliation, community and development and goods relations
c) compiling and presenting reports; with the ability to collect, analyse, interpret and report on a variety data
Alternatively those applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification must have four years relevant experience in all areas outlined above
If you are interested in this role please forward your cv or contact Ashleigh @ Grafton for more information 028 25632223