Grafton specialist are proud to be assisting our client in Dublin on their huge recruitment drive to help execute the DART Expansion programme. It is a series of projects that will create a full integrated metropolitan area DART network for Dublin expanding the heavy rail electrified commuter network from the existing ca. 50 km to ca. 150 km.
This includes producing permanent way infrastructure designs in accordance with relevant technical and safety standards, production of associated drawings, stage planning of implementation designs, technical and safety approval of permanent way designs and provision of professional support in terms of design and implementation of projects undertaken by the Programme Manager(s).
- An Engineering, Construction or related discipline degree
- Minimum of 5 years railway infrastructure project design experience in relevant engineering environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience using AutoCAD to produce drawings
- Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience of working to national or EU railway technical and safety standards
- Demonstrable ability to produce permanent way infrastructure designs including track layout designs and horizontal and vertical alignment design
- Familiar with track connections geometry i.e. Turnouts and crossovers
- A full driving licence
- Availability to work occasional weekend and or night shifts
- Member of Engineers Ireland or other relevant professional body
- Experience of using track alignment design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley Rail
- Track or Bentley Open Rail Designer etc
- A knowledge of B.I.M (Building Information modelling)
- Experience in the production of general civil engineering drawings
- Experience in the design of complex, multi-disciplinary railway projects
- A good working knowledge of railway infrastructure and systems
- Experience in assisting the delivery of Railway Safety certification to national or EU regulations
- A good working knowledge of applicable National and European safety, planning and environmental legislation
- Understanding of good Project Management Procedures
- Knowledge of the Construction Regulations
- Ability to assist in the production of tender documentation to include drawings, quantity extraction from drawings and technical specifications etc
- Experience and knowledge of technical approvals processes for track and signalling
Salary range: (commensurate with suitable qualifications and experience):
€41k - €71k (plus relocation or non-resident package as applicable
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.