Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the a large public sector organisation to recruit for a temporary Personal Assistant to start ASAP for a duration of 3 months with possible extension
Pay rate: £15.06p/h
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Five GCSEs (grades A - C) including English or equivalent qualifications
- RSA Stage II Parts 1 and 2 Word Processing, or equivalent qualifications.
Applicants must, be able to demonstrate on their CV at least two years' relevant experience of carrying out secretarial and administration duties within an office environment. This must include at least two years' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- diary management including arranging meetings and appointments
- carrying out administrative duties to strict deadlines including processing incoming mail and maintaining a filing system
- supervising administrative staff on a daily basis within an office environment
- liaising with senior managers, elected members or board members
To be responsible to the Director for the provision of the full range of PA/Secretarial duties, for example, arranging appointments, filing, typing, shorthand, audio typing, photocopying and similar duties. To motivate and manage subordinate staff, where appropriate, and to ensure that all tasks are carried out to agreed, quality and time targets and to liaise with senior representatives of outside bodies and elected representatives on behalf of the director as required.
- To compose and type confidential letters, reports and other documents either on his or her own initiative or in accordance with general or specific directions, or as prepared or dictated by the director, for example, legal opinions, reports, presentation of briefs for council or consultants for signature by the director or senior staff as required.
- To arrange appointments and meetings, taking messages and arranging interviews.
- In the absence of the director, meeting with callers asking to see him or her
- To filter telephone calls received by the director and make calls as required on behalf of the director.
- To organise and book travel and accommodation arrangements for the director, council members, heads of service, business support managers and departmental officers attending conferences and meetings.
- To provide secretarial support to the heads of service of the department and business support managers including typing and audio support to senior department staff as necessary.
- To attend and take notes of investigating interviews and hearings in connection with the council's disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- To supervise the work of the Secretarial Assistant and assist, as directed, in the supervision and programming of work of other secretarial and business support staff.
- To make first contact with visitors to the director.
- To service other ad hoc meetings, for example, away days, seminars and other events, and prepare minutes.
- To deal with complaints and enquiries from the general public and liaise with other council departments and outside agencies as necessary.
- To maintain the personal filing system for the director and also maintain the director's diary of appointments.
- To open all private and confidential mail sent to the director and department mail as required.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.