- A Level passes in 2 subjects; and GCSE grades A-C in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of having provided a high level of administrative support.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of diary management and all aspects of organising meetings.
- Current Standard Access NI
- Communication skills (oral and written) including managing calls - screening, prioritising and responding to enquiries.
- Organisational skills and the ability at any stage to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines while ensuring quality output and delivery of results.
- Extensive experience in diary management (this role works with up to 4 Directors), including keeping track of all internal meetings within the directors department
- Customer Care Focused including the ability to build and maintain positive, co-operative and professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical skills including the ability to efficiently gather, analyse and communicate information and advice to others in a structured and coherent manner.
- The ability to preserve confidentiality, maintain a professional approach when dealing with sensitive cases or high profile clients and employ tact or diplomacy as and when required.
- IT and Computer Literacy skills especially in the use of various software such as Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/Sage and PowerPoint
- Must possess a current driving licence and use of a car for business purposes, or have access to a form of transport which will permit to meet the requirements of the post in full
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- Receive, log and deal with all Senior Management Team correspondence, ensuring it is replied to in a timely manner; identify those matters which require urgent action; highlight deadlines and action points; attach any related papers and pass to the Senior Management Team and/or Chief Executive for action as and when required.
- Commission and submit briefings to/from Departmental officials and from the Senior Management Team/DPs as appropriate and ensure that the Senior Management Team decisions are communicated promptly and accurately.
- Organise the Senior Management Team's diaries to make efficient use of their time, making travel and transport arrangements. Book rooms/venues and arrange hospitality as required. Meet and greet visitors on arrival to Tourism NI offices.
- Collate papers/other documentation and prepare Corporate PowerPoint presentations for Senior Management Team meetings and follow-up on any action points etc.
- As and when required accompany Senior Management to events/meetings, take minutes and distribute if required.
- Manage and co-ordinate the travel desk for all Tourism NI staff including getting quotes, booking flights/trains/hotels etc. and liaise with the Finance Unit regarding the use of travel credit card.
- There may also be a requirement to provide all of the above support in relation to the Chief Executive as and when required.
- There may be a requirement to assist with the preparation of Chief Executive and Chairman expenses in line with Tourism NI Financial Procedures and Guidance and to support the Chairman with diary co-ordination and the co-ordination/organisation of Board Meeting arrangements as detailed previously and as and when required.
- Role is located in Belfast, however may be expected to travel within NI and to ROI to fulful the requirements of the post
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5.15pm (a degree of flexibility may be required) 36.25hrs per week
Fixed Term Contract: 6 months
Pay Rate: £10/hr up to 12 weeks, £12.70/hr after 12 weeks