2x Month Temporary
Belfast City Centre
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Personal Assistant for 2x months for their client based in their city centre offices.
As a personal assistant you will coordinate and deliver a range of administrative support services for the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that the work of the Chief Executive's office is organised, supervised and monitored so as to maximise efficiency and effectiveness, including establishing and maintaining an appropriate filing and record system for the Chief Executive and wider organisation, both manually and using appropriate software, archiving company data and ensuring its easy retrieval.
- Manage the Chief Executive's diary. Organise and coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the Chief Executive and Directors, including scheduling appointments, liaising with attendees, booking venues, preparing agendas, minuting meetings, following up on actions.
- Make travel arrangements and manage the expenses of the Chief Executive, including sourcing and booking flights and accommodation, arranging currency, obtaining visas, preparing travel documents and schedules.
- Assist the Chief Executive and Directors in the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Handle communications on behalf of the Chief Executive: greeting visitors, receiving, prioritising and actioning the Chief Executive's telephone calls, mail and emails, redirecting as appropriate and responding confidentially and professionally in a timely manner.
- Support the work of the senior management team by coordinating and attending weekly SMT meetings, drafting and circulating agendas and ensuring actions points are delivered.
- Coordinate the updating of activity and evaluation schedules to demonstrate progress against KPIs.
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation of reports and presentations for the Chief Executive, Directors and the Board, its committees, key stakeholders and corporate partners.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely production of Board agendas and supporting papers for Visit Belfast's Chief Executive, Chairman and Board of Directors, Finance and HR Committee, Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee and Marketing Committee.
- Attendance at Board and committee meetings, ensuring that Board and Committee decisions are properly recorded and ensuring actions are implemented.
- Maintenance of tender and procurement documentation and ensuring that records are kept up to date.
- Assist the Director of Business Development and Director of Finance to administer the conference subvention scheme, including coordination of, and attendance at, panel meetings, taking accurate minutes and ensuring that decisions are properly recorded, and maintenance and filing of subvention documentation
- Working with the Directors and HR Consultant to develop and implement procedures i.e. sickness and absence records reporting, annual leave recording, training and development and personnel matters in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate facilities management for the office under the guidance of the Director of Finance. Including day-to-day management of contracts and contributing to the implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the company's Health and Safety Committee under the guidance of the Director of Finance.
- Assist the Director of Finance to ensure shared areas are maintained and fire safety regulations are implemented, communicated and adhered to.
- Management of the meeting rooms, including coordinating the meeting room calendar and ensuring that meetings are appropriately serviced and catered for
- Manage and maintain appropriate levels of all office stock.
- Supervision of the Receptionist role, conducting regular performance reviews, identifying training needs and creating personal development plans.
- Minimum 5 GCSE's, or equivalent, at grade "C" or above, including English and Maths.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a similar role.
- Experience of diary management, and planning and organising meetings.
- Proven experience in the use of all Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of servicing Board meetings and writing minutes.
- Experience of producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining filing systems.
- Experience of making travel arrangements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative on projects.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
If you meet the essential criteria please attach your CV for the attention of Katie Doyle.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.