Personal Secretary - BT4
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Personal Secretary to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21per hour
13+ week's £12.86per hour
Location: Belfast - BT4
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Royal Society of Arts Stage II (Parts 1 & 2) in Typing or Word Processing.
- With these qualifications, in the region of 3 to 4 years' experience would be necessary to perform the role effectively.
- Experience of planning and prioritising work, dealing with customers, working under pressure and will have well-developed communication skills.
- Equivalent of an NVQ Business Administration Level 2 secretarial qualification.
- In addition to the normal duties of typing and filing, the personal secretary will be responsible for:
- Organising and monitoring the Interim Advocate's diary on a daily basis, and arranging meetings, appointments, events, rescheduling where necessary, and manage a BF system to ensure papers are available when required.
- Liaising with attendees to determine time, duration and venues for meetings; booking meeting venues and arranging hospitality; preparing paper packs, and making necessary security arrangements for greeting and escorting visitors;
- Organising the Interim advocate's work priorities;
- Bringing to the Interm Advocate's attention matters which are or have become urgent;
- Ensuring that the Interim Advocate is properly briefed with appropriate papers and materials;
- Answering, vetting, redirecting emails or calls to the appropriate person and managing the incoming communication as received and where possible, dealing promptly with the matter concerned, or ensuring personal follow up and recording of the communication appropriately;
- Making timely, cost effective travel arrangements through TEO Travel Unit when required and ensuring arrangements are progressed or revised as necessary observing all TEO financial guidance/regulation;
- Where required, assist the Interim Advocate Support Office staff to carry out admin duties, including processing of Interim Advocate's expense claims;
- Ensuring that the Interim Advocate's time is managed and utilised in the most effective manner by proactively planning and managing tasks within a constantly changing environment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland