Personal Secretary - BT4
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Personal Secretary to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21per hour
13+ week's £12.86per hour
Location: Belfast - BT4
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Effective communication skills to engage with colleagues, often at a senior level in order to meet tight timescales.
- Well-developed organisational skills, for example being able to prioritise effectively and adapt to new situations as they arise.
- Ability to work flexibly on one's own initiative without direct supervision, to work under pressure, frequently to tight deadlines and to recognise when to delegate, or seek assistance, as required.
- Ability to interpret and analyse information including anticipating and managing problems;
- Ability to work collaboratively; share information, build supportive responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders thereby establishing good working relationships;
- Knowledge of management principles and administrative processes, in accordance with GDPR;
- Sound working knowledge in the use of Windows applications including Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel.
- Accurately organising and monitoring the senior officer's diary on a daily basis. Meeting with the senior officer regularly to discuss, prioritise and action diary commitments, cancellations and rescheduling appointments.
- Liaising with attendees to determine times, durations and venues for meetings. Booking rooms and venues and arranging for or providing hospitality as necessary. Copying and collating papers and ensuring that the required briefing and equipment is available. Making the necessary security arrangements and meeting, greeting and escorting visitors.
- Making cost-effective travel and accommodation arrangements through internal branches or directly with service providers.
- Answering and vetting all incoming telephone calls based on knowledge of caller or issue(s) raised. Whenever possible, responding to callers directly by providing information or redirecting to the appropriate departmental official. Taking messages and obtaining contact numbers.
- Proactively manage emails, correspondence, papers, faxes, etc on arrival and identifying those requiring urgent action, highlighting deadlines and action points, attaching related papers and passing to senior officer for action. Where appropriate, redirecting to a departmental official for action, either without recourse to senior officer or in senior officer's absence. Keeping senior officer's informed of actions. Bringing important target dates and issues to senior officer's attention on an ongoing basis, based on knowledge and experience of the subject matter.
- Logging the various information types received and issued into electronic postbook(s), tracking responses through BF systems and chasing up outstanding responses to ensure deadlines are met.
- Typing, compiling and issuing emails, letters, acknowledgements, minutes, memos, faxes, tables, presentations, charts, slides and reports. Signing and circulating documents on senior officer's behalf. Typing and formatting documents from audio tapes and manuscripts.
- Co-ordinating inputs and drafting co-ordinated responses.
- Scanning, reformatting and updating documents, standardising layouts and creating templates and databases. Keeping knowledge and skills in this area up-to-date.
- Managing all emails, documents, correspondence, papers and files, in both paper and electronic filing systems - copying, cataloguing, filing, retrieving, archiving, reviewing and deleting/destroying in accordance with guidelines or protocol. Opening and maintaining registered files.
- Researching information sources such as the intranet/internet, Hansard or press articles for items such as publications, records, press releases, contact details and travel information.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland