Temporary Pest/Wasp Operative required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 4 months pending review
- To carry out a programme of sewer, gullies, rat hole, manholes and drain baiting in all assigned indoor and outdoor locations
- To carry out / assist Pest Officers and other Environmental Health / Cleansing Services staff with routine duties including sewer and smoke testing.
- To carry out the destruction of wasps and other pests
- To cleanse / peg gullies for water drainage
- To work with and handle acute and other poisons used within the Pest Control Service in line with safety procedures
- To carry out a risk assessment before the beginning of any treatment
- To obtain and use keys for access to gated entries and other locations as appropriate and to report any access problems to the appropriate line manager
- To ensure the safe transport of pest control materials and equipment and be responsible for the care, maintenance and use of all relevant equipment and resources
- To assist other departments in the safe transportation and delivery of goods, displays and equipment
- To prepare and maintain all necessary reports, records and analysis as requested by the relevant line manager
- To have an understanding of all relevant regulations and legislation
- To comply with all relevant aspects of Health and Safety policies, including the wearing of appropriate work wear, protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other personal, protective equipment (PPE)
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers ensuring that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route
- To adhere to the drivers' handbook and complete all vehicle-related checks and paperwork.
- To contribute positively to meetings and use all computerised, camera and telecommunications systems as required and maintain and provide reports, records and analysis as required and follow the administrative processes in place.
- To liaise with staff from Northern Ireland Water and other organisations as required.
- Must possess a full, current driving licence which allows them to drive in Northern Ireland
- At least one year's relevant experience in dealing with health and safety risks and dealing with members of the public
- General Pest Control (GPC) - Level 2 in Pest Management, or equivalent qualification
- a Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of Rodenticides
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.