Salary: £25000 to £35000 DOE
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a PHP Developer
based in Antrim.
My Client is a world leader in the development of technologies to support reading & writing. The company employs 170 staff across two separate divisions, Education & Workplace, with offices in Antrim, Boston and Brisbane.
My clients are are on the lookout for their newest addition to the team. Ideally you'll be a competent PHP developer with a keen interest in web technologies, some knowledge of git and linux would be useful too. You'll be responsible for the on-going development of multiple internal information systems, as well as helping out with other awesome software projects when required.
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of software projects which the company will allocate. Continuous support for internal company procedures including, but not restricted to, quality assurance systems
- Continuous monitoring of new technologies with a view to identifying new opportunities for the company
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers of technology components as and when appropriate
- Liaison with Quality Assurance department and other Company departments as and when appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years' commercial software development experience
- 2 years commercial experience of PHP (ideally Object Oriented PHP)
- 2 years experience of relational databases (specifically MySQL)
- 1 degree or higher in a related discipline (computer science/software engineering)
- Knowledge of secure coding practises for web development - eg: OWASP Top 10
- Experience building, securing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience working with open source projects
- Experience working with PHP frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based server architecture (AWS or equivalent)
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Experience with front end web design, or building user interfaces (CSS, HTML5, etc)
- Experience of Git or other VCS
- Experience of working within a quality system
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland