Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Planning Assistant to join their team asap.
Role : Planning Assistant
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £12.10 p/hr 13 weeks + £13.99 p/hr
Main Duties :
Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a Senior Officer, assessing applications and formulating recommendations.
Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions and attending development control group meetings.
Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, and writing up reports.
Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
Operating the Council's IT systems, including Geographical Information System (GIS).
Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
Degree in a Planning related subject, for example Town Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Planning;
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, 6 months relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Ability to assess and interpret scale drawings and plans, and read maps
- Compiling and preparing comprehensive reports and correspondence
- Partnership working with statutory organisations;
- Research and data analysis;
- Preparing and presenting reports for planning applications in relation to development and enforcement Planning matters;
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have three years' relevant planning experience in the areas outlined above.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the role of planning within local government
- Knowledge of relevant Northern Ireland planning policy and legislation
A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act.
Desirable Criteria :
- Degree in a Planning related subject, for example Town Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Planning;
- be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, 1 years relevant experience as detailed a - e
- Member of RTPI/Irish Planning Institute or equivalent.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply via the link.