Temporary Planning Assistant required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To assist in the processing of planning, related applications and breaches of planning control.
- To assist in the preparation of reports and agree recommendations with the Senior Planning Officer on planning and related applications.
- To liaise with and respond to enquiries relating to planning matters, including those relating to the need for planning permission, from members of the public, in person, writing, phone, email, etc.
- To assist planning officers by undertaking site visits in various locations across Belfast using own transport to record site information and to research planning histories and other matters.
- To provide cover for and advice to the business support officers in respect of validation, consultation and publicity.
- To contribute to continuous improvement in service delivery.
- To assist in studies related to the preparation of the new development plan.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties which may, from time to time, be required
- Be studying for/hold a relevant third level qualification, such as Planning and Property Development, or equivalent qualification; and
- Have a full driving licence which enables the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for official business or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.