The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
As a member of the Plant Maintenance Team the post holder with be required to support the Plant Supervisor to ensure the efficient operation and control of the mechanical and electrical services, together with the maintenance of fabric, fixture and fitting at the Dundonald international Ice Bowl and outlying facilities.
Hours of work: 37 P/hr
- Carry out the planned maintenance programme and reactive maintenance activities as required, including carrying out all relevant checks to ensure all systems are in good working order and operating satisfactorily and keeping associated records.
- Service and maintain all relevant areas including the ice rank/plant, bowling and indianaland. Carry out routine service, calibration, fault diagnosis and repairs and daily safety checks.
- Implement the requirements of planned maintenance programme, in the key areas of chiller plant, ventilation, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Carry out minor installation work within complex and assist in the preparation of quotations for mechanical installations. Assist with stock control including receipt of stock and associated paperwork.
- Be solely responsible for safe and efficient operation and management of plant, machinery and maintaining of ice rank surface during evening shift and at weekends
- Completed a recognised registered apprenticeship in a mechanical or electrical engineering craft (NVQ Level 3, or equivalent)
- At least 3 years' post apprenticeship relevant experience in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical services installations, plant and equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience if qualifications do not stand.
- It is desirable that applicants hold a current valid Pool Plant Operators Certificate
- It is desirable that applicants have knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Experience of the maintenance and servicing of a minimum of two of the following, which should have been gained in a large plant environment;
- Air handling units and associated equipment
- Bowling alley installations
- Electrical installations
- Plumbing installations
- Chilled water installations
- Ability to work unsociable hours on a rota basis and ability to work additional hours as required.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Rates of pay: £12.60
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.