Temporary Playground Inspector required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours a week as per rota (including Saturday)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To adhere to drivers daily checks and accident, incident, and vehicle defect procedures including the completion of all required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To be responsible for the basic maintenance of allocated vehicle and ancillary equipment and to keep the vehicle and equipment clean.
- To load, unload vehicles and move equipment and materials.
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition including the cleaning of garden tools and basic cleaning and maintenance of lawnmowers.
- To use powered hand tools, light plant and ladders to perform duties as required.
- To ensure that all playground equipment, outdoor gym equipment, water fountains, parks furniture and surfaces are inspected to a required standard and inspection information is recorded as per schedule
- To ensure that all recommended repairs are prioritised to ensure the required health and safety standards for public use are met
- To immobilise and make safe any defects found in playground equipment, parks furniture and playground surfaces, to record and report all defects to the Community Park Manager or other appropriate officer.
- To collect and safely dispose of all litter (including animal faeces and broken glass) at all the sites allocated to the respective team.
- To report to management all accidents, incidents, defects, hazardous equipment and acts of vandalism
- To advise and promote orderly conduct and safety of the public by giving guidance/ advice and dealing with any complaint in relation to the relevant site.
- To complete all associated paperwork, electronic or otherwise e.g. daily records sheets.
- To carry out timely and effective minor repairs to parks infrastructure such as play equipment, outdoor gym equipment, bins and signs etc.
- To carry out horticultural operations, for example, grass cutting and pruning within their area of responsibility.
- To carry out application of chemical weed control methods including calibration of sprayers.
- To ensure effective communication with site users, other members of the team and line management.
- To undergo training as and when required.
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation, including the wearing of appropriate PPE, the Child Protection policy.
- Have a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland
- At least one year's relevant experience in dealing directly with members of the public and maintenance of facilities, including adhering to health and safety procedures, cleaning and associated administrative duties.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.