Pool LGV Driver/Loader
Temporary Pool LGV Driver/Loaders required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Duration: 2 months
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers.
- To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route.
- To carry out refuse collection and recycling duties, with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public, hence bins and other items should be emptied and returned to their proper location undamaged and with lids closed.
- To empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection and disposal of waste.
- To adhere to instructions given regarding the use of landfill or other disposal sites and transfer stations.
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines - driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers' procedures, and other relevant duties.
- Adherence to health and safety at work legislation and appropriate codes of practice. This also covers the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing and safety footwear
- To liaise with the Assistant Manager (Priority Waste and Transport) concerning the daily route and in so far as is possible ensure that it is followed.
- To ensure that, where practicable, all refuse and litter on the route is collected.
- To take part in all required training activities including instructing other operatives in the use of plant and vehicle immobilisation and safety equipment and recycling operations.
- To supervise the daily work of the operatives ensuring the daily route is followed and all relevant operational instructions are followed.
- To observe all vehicle servicing instructions issued and complete all duties involved. In the event of a breakdown, notify the Transport Foreman or garage immediately.
- To complete all daily record sheets - mileage, fuel, defects, and other documents, and return them to the Assistant Manager (Priority Waste and Transport) daily.
- To use radio and other telecommunication facilities as required.
- To report back to the Assistant Manager (Priority Waste and Transport), on completion of the daily route, any premises and streets where collection has not been completed on the prescribed day for whatever reason.
- To assist with the collation of data relating to individual premises including the use of any computerised or manual data capture systems and to present any necessary reports as required.
- Full current "C" category driving licence which enables driving in Northern Ireland
- Full current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification
- Demonstrate one year relevant experience driving a LGV in a commercial or public sector environment and dealing with the public
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.