Hours: As and when required
Pay rate: £8.66
- To report and record incidents as required under Trust policies
- Liaison with building contractors for maintenance work as advised by the Portering Supervisor
- Ensuring wheelchairs are cleaned at the wheelchair bay according to schedule.
- Assist with removal of domestic, clinical and confidential waste ( including sharps boxes), assist with recycling as appropriate
- Assist other portering staff with emergency evacuation of building etc.
- Nominated Fire Officer duties including equipment checks according to designated schedules, including checks of designated areas including fire doors
- Logging of issues to fault desk for car park and other common areas in conjunction with receptionist
- Respond to adhoc requests in relation to operational issues on the site
- Opening and closing of designated doors on the site at dedicated times
- Check incoming goods for dedicated areas onsite informing relevant departments of arrival
- Operation of Braid Valley Site Cardboard Compactor in line with regulations
- Assist with collection of bloods according to designated schedule
- Assistance with covering of mail room duties to include the processing of internal/external mail
- Assisting with office moves for the removal of furniture and room/event setups
- Cleaning/maintenance of portering equipment, work areas and van in accordance with relevant guidelines Ensuring the proper use of any equipment and reporting any defects in equipment to the appropriate authority
- Completion of laundry duties to dedicated departments
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the Supervisor or General Manager
- 1 Years experience in Porter/caretaking role.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
The postholder must be able to work a variety of shifts which will include early mornings, late evenings and weekend work as and when required
The post holder must be able to work additional hours when required.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Beverland will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.