Our Client a leading telecommunications provider is seeking to recruit a PR Manager. This is a maternity cover role based in Belfast.
Purpose of Role
Define, create, articulate and execute comprehensive PR, PA, media relations and sponsorship programmes in Northern Ireland. The role is to proactively help manage this portfolio so as to grow the organisation's reputation and build a strong position for the Company in Northern Ireland.
- To design and execute effective PR, PA and Media Relations programmes
- To promote a positive image of the organisation by maximising opportunities for proactive media/public relations and public affairs activity
- To respond rapidly to, and deal effectively with, enquiries from media and other opinion formers, including providing out of hours cover for media issues on a 24 hour basis and in crisis situations
- To directly handle audiences whose opinions influence the organisation's ability to achieve its objectives, including public policy audiences, think-tanks, NGO's, pressure groups, private and institutional investors, industry analysts and other opinion formers
- To spot emerging issues amongst key audiences and ensuring that the business addresses them in a timely and effective way, escalating if necessary
- Develop and maintain excellent media relationships
- Provide strategic media counsel to key spokespeople, specifically Senior Managers through the provision of comprehensive pre-briefings, media training and feedback
- Creation and co-ordination of key documents and briefing materials including key messages, media fact sheets, presentations, speeches, whitepapers, opinion pieces, by-lined articles, case studies etc.
- Articulate and promote the Northern Ireland strategy through stories drawn locally and the wider Group organisation including strategy updates, executive profiling, product/proposition placement, appointments, awards, industry partnerships, customer testimonials etc.
- Translate the wider group and divisional strategy/messages into a relevant and appropriate local media context. Examples include global awards, partnerships, customer wins, acquisitions, corporate responsibility programmes.
- Manage PR agency and other suppliers, ensuring they are sufficiently briefed and measured to achieve the targets and objectives outlined in the PR programmes
- Effectively lead on and manage sponsorship properties including flagship sponsorship of and seek out new commercial sponsorships that align with the organisation's brand and strategy.
- Have the ability and attitude to be 'delegate of authority' for Head of Communications, if required.
- Measure and evaluate PR campaigns and media activity for specific business units (total ownership)
- Budget management
- Liaise with Group Newsroom, Group Sectretariat, other lines of business, specifically in the two-way process of driving announcements across the wider organisation and coordinating the appropriate support as needs be for key announcements
- Take responsibility for media-related compliance requirements and approvals for all press releases
- Own end to end news release process from drafting, approvals, sign off, media pitching and distribution, photography, uploading to internal systems, measurement.
- Demonstrate the organisation's leadership values at all times to both internal and external parties
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a communications role or related discipline
- Experience of working to own initiative and taking full responsibility for particular aspects of a PR, PA or media function
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong media contact base
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Solid understanding of how PR, PA and media activity can be measured and add value to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to create and maintain relationships throughout the company and be comfortable engaging at most senior levels
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and not fazed by crisis
- A track record of quick thinking and resilience and able to make decisions and take action in a changing and challenging situation
- An ability to prioritise workloads, and willingness to contribute to the Press office service (365 days a year, 24 hours a day) is essential
- Strong budgeting skills
3rd level qualification in Journalism, communications or PR is preferable but not essential
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV to Paula McClymont via the link