Grafton are currently working in partnership with their Civil Service client, to recruit a temporary Principal Legal Officer - Grade 7, based in Belfast to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially).
Payrate: 0-12 weeks - £16.50 per hour
13+ weeks - £25.07 per hour
Duration: 3 Months
The person appointed will work under the direction and supervision of the Legal Secretary to the Lord Chief Justice. The appointed person will;-
* Provide legal support and research services to the Lord Chief Justice, the Court of Appeal and other judiciary.
* Provide High Court judges with written reports containing factual summaries and legal analysis of applications for leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal/Divisional Courts in criminal cases and extradition appeals.
* Advise on ad hoc legal queries from OLCJ and members of the judiciary
* Clear judgements for publication under the OLCJ's Reporting Restrictions Procedure; and
* Provide an advisory and drafting service in relation to practice directions and be required to draft court rules
* Assist in any of the secretariat functions which the Legal Unit discharges
* Must be a Principal Grade 7 Legal Officer
* Must demonstrate on their CV professional knowledge and skills in at least 2 of the following areas:
* Knowledge of public and criminal law and evidence of practice in at least one of these areas.
* Experience of providing written legal advice to senior officials and/or judicial officeholders.
* Experience of drafting court rules.
Effectiveness in this area is about being objective, using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
Leading and Communicating
* Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland