Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Probation Officer to start ASAP until 31st March 2019.
Pay rate: £15.24
Hours: 37 hours per week
- Must be a qualified social worker
- Must have a valid driving licence and use of a car
- Must be registered on part one/part one with conditions of the NISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) before taking up post. If Part 1 with conditions (i.e. subject to the Assessed Year in Employment), candidate requested to provide either:
- NISCC form Summary of Learning/Assessed Year in Employment (Student Transcript)for newly qualified social workers embarking on the AYE
- NISCC form Attachment to Reference - for Staff Changing Employer or Team Within the AYE (Form Ref AYE4)
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality researched based programmes. Services may be delivered on a one-to-one basis or through group programmes and activities as appropriate.
- May be required to work as a member of a prison based team providing services during sentence and preparation for release.
- Provision and maintenance of community service schemes for offenders. Ensuring adherence to community service standards.
- Responsibility for community service orders may also form part of a mixed caseload in a local team setting.
- Representation of the PBNI in courts, communities, prisons and other settings.
- Participating in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships within the PBNI and with appropriate agencies, organizations and individuals in the community.
- Attending and positively contributing to all relevant meetings, case conferences, programme reviews as required and consistent with role and job responsibilities.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland