To apply for the position of Probation Officer in Ballymena, Co Antrim you will meet the following essential criteria:
(i) Hold a recognised professional qualification in social work or expect to obtain such a qualification by the closing date.
(ii) Be registered as a social worker on part 1 of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC).
(iii) Hold a full valid driving licence and have use of a car for official business or require reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
Salary - £29,038pa
Lasting until 30th June 2019
Hour - 9am-5pm
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality researched based programmes. Services may be delivered on a one-to-one basis or through group programmes and activities as appropriate.
- May be required to work as a member of a prison based team providing services during sentence and preparation for release.
- Provision and maintenance of community service schemes for offenders. Ensuring adherence to community service standards.
- Responsibility for community service orders may also form part of a mixed caseload in a local team setting.
- Representation of the PBNI in courts, communities, prisons and other settings.
- Participating in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships within the PBNI and with appropriate agencies, organizations and individuals in the community.
- Attending and positively contributing to all relevant meetings, case conferences, programme reviews as required and consistent with role and job responsibilities.
- Work in accordance with effective practice principles, adherence to national and service standards, and PBNI policy and procedures in all elements of work. Use of appropriate methods and models of work to ensure the delivery of a high quality service.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge by identification of own training and development needs, updating practice and attending relevant training courses, as agreed with line manager.
- Maintaining administrative work including all necessary offender records and ensuring information is entered on electronic Probation Information Management System (PIMS).
- Compliance with PBNI policies and procedures in respect of Finance systems, Accommodation and Supplies systems, Human Resources, IT Services and Information Management systems.
- Maintaining standards for security and confidentiality of information.
- Compliance with Health and Safety policy and procedures. Contribute to and promote the health, safety and security of all staff and service users in the working environment.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and as required by the nature of the role. The nature and the balance of duties may vary between teams.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Beverland will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.