Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Probation Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £15.67 per hour
13+ week's £15.67 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT7
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00 - 5.00pm) Evening work may be required on occasion
- Must be a qualified social worker
- Must have a valid driving licence and use of a car
- Must be registered on part one/part one with conditions oftheNISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) before taking up post. If Part 1 with conditions (i.e. subject to the Assessed Year in Employment), candidate requested to provide either:
- NISCC form Summary of Learning/Assessed Year in Employment (Student Transcript) for newly qualified social workers embarking on the AYE
or* NISCC form Attachment to Reference - for Staff Changing Employer or Team Within the AYE (Form Ref AYE4)
- Provide customer service
- Work as part of a team based either in the community, prison or a specialist unit.
- Carry out assessment of offenders
- Prepare pre sentence and pre/post release reports on offenders
- Supervision of offenders placed on probation or subject to licence
- Contribute to the delivery of a range of researched based programmes
- Work in partnership with statutory, voluntary and community organisations.
- Represent PBNI at other agency meetings
- Provision and maintenance of community service schemes for offenders
- Maintain standards of professional practice
- Make best use of information technology
- Comply with Health and Safety Legislation
- Promote equality, diversity and Human Rights in working practices.
- Maintain standards for security and confidentially of information
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland