Grafton Recruitment is working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Probation Service Officer to start ASAP until 31st March 2019.
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks: £7.83
13+ weeks: £11.57
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (job share)
Week 1: Wed - Fri - Week 2: Wed - Thurs
- A relevant degree or have at least 2 years' experience of working within a Criminal Justice setting.
- At least 1 years' experience of directly working with people with a range of complex needs.
- Strong administrative skills in using Outlook; Word; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a valid driving licence and use of a car for official business or require consideration of reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
- Contribute to assessments by providing information to others on clients (re community service/programmes etc).
- Undertake duties in court, if required, including the provision of information to sentencers, court officers and officials, legal representatives and court users as appropriate. Interview offenders' pre and post sentence.
- Contribute to the effective operation of administrative and other systems in support of clients work in the courts. Communicate information to relevant departments.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland