Problem Manager - Managed Services
As the Problem Manager you will minimise the adverse impact of incidents and problems within the IT infrastructure. The main aim is to stop recurring incidents where possible by working with the key stakeholders to find and address the root cause and ensuring the known errors have been raised and shared with key stakeholders.
As part of the team, you will be delivering and managing the end-to-end; day-to-day operation of problem management process. This will be achieved by being the main point of contact for Problem Management ensuring that problems are managed effectively, efficiently and in accordance with any OLAs/KPIs/contractual obligations.
You will drive and ensure service targets are achieved through owning the lifecycle of all problem records from inception to resolution following problem process and procedures.
You will be interacting and engaging with internal and external stakeholders at all levels both technical and managerial to drive progression and resolution of problem records in accordance with the process.
Key activities and elements of your role include:
- Responsible for keeping customers informed with problem updates both written and verbal to maintain excellent customer relations (which may involve high levels of negotiation/diplomacy skills).
- Strive to improve levels of customer service.
- Ensuring customer escalations are managed effectively and efficiently leading to increased customer satisfaction
- Act as a role model for new colleagues and peers, keeping it simple, personal and brilliant.
- Be fully aware of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information at all times and in accordance with procedures and policies.
- Act in a totally professional and responsible manner at all times being an ambassador for the organisation.
- Ensure problem records are kept updated in line with business/customer requirements.
- Escalating problems actions in a timely manner to ensure customer expectations are managed effectively.
- Provide input and support to the business to help achieve strategic objectives.
- You will have a 'can-do-attitude'.
- Responsible for the production and distribution of quality reports and management information as agreed for the accounts
- Establish and document process for problem and known error procedures.
- Manage and communicate Service Improvement Plans
- Responsible for building rapport with internal and external and external stakeholders to build rapport and deliver value to the customer and organisation.
- Attending customer service review meetings to enhance relationships.
- Coordinating interfaces between Service Management services such as Capacity, Availability, knowledge, incident, release, security)
Training & Coaching
- Responsible for training a delegate to cover for periods of absence and agreeing peer cover with proper handover as required.
- Support, coach, mentor other members of the problem management team to build a learning/sharing culture within the team.
- Support and provide guidance and consultancy into new business proposals.
- Work with Service Introduction team with the engagement and rollout of Acceptance into Service criteria for all new contracts/projects being transitioned into live service as required
Skills and Experience needed for the roleQualifications:
- Qualified to secondary education level, or equivalent professional qualifications or experience.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Good network understanding with CCNA (cisco certified network analyst) or other technologies, as appropriate
Skills/Knowledge and Experience includes:
- You will have a good understanding of Problem and Incident Management processes.
- You will demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- You will have practical experience of continuous improvement.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft office application especially, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You will have the ability to analyse datasets to look for potential problems.
- You will possess good inter-personal skills for written, oral and face to face communications.
- You will possess skills in influencing and negotiation.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in applying or wish to find out what locations are currently available please send your CV to Paula McClymont at Grafton Recruitment.