Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Procurement Assistant to start ASAP for the duration of 12 months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.75 per hour
13+ week's £11.04 per hour
Location: Newtownards - BT23
Hours: Mon - Thurs (8.45am - 5.00pm) and Fri (8.45am - 3.30pm)
- Hold Five GCSEs (Grades A-C) or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, and 1 year's administrative experience.
- OR Hold an NVQ Level 2 in Administration or related subject area and GCSE English Language and Mathematics (Grades A-C) or equivalent and 1 year's administrative experience
Have a minimum of 3 years administrative experience
Hold a Level 2 ICT qualification demonstrating competence in the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel e.g. ECDL, Essential Skills ICT
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets
- Assist with tender competitions that comply with EU and UK Procurement Rules, Northern Ireland Public Procurement Policy, internal Quality Assurance procedures and best practices.
- Responsible for the collation and storage of information in relation to purchasing quotations
- Responsible for the review and generation of purchase orders for the Procurement Manager's approval.
- Provide administrative support to the Procurement Manager to include, but not limited to
- tender documentation preparation;
- tender evaluation documentation preparation; and
- contract management documentation preparation.
To be a point of contact for incoming enquiries and managing these through information giving, screening and re-directing as appropriate.
File and maintain the paper and electronic records of the procurement function in a timely manner. Ensuring that records are retained in line with the College Retention Schedule and are available for review by internal and external auditors and other independent review.
Assist the Procurement manager with meetings, including minute taking, and assist the Procurement Manager with advice and guidance to the College.
Assist the Procurement Manager in the implementation and management of procurements to deliver best Value for Money (VfM) solutions within the public procurement policy, legal and accountability frameworks.
Assist in the collation of information for supplier performance including information for reports.
To process with purchases undertaken via the College Credit Card and ensure compliance with relevant standard operating procedure.
Assist with the booking of travel for College staff and student trips.
Assist with the set up of suppliers on the trade and other payables ledger.
Assist in the provision of information relating to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relating to the Procurement function.
Assist with internal and external audit and provide all information requested.
Provide support and assistance to other sections of the Finance Department, where required.
Any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager or Financial Controller.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland